OT: Apple's New xServe - 1U Rackmount Server/off topic

Paolo Cordone yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 16 03:51:01 2002

At 0:28 -0500 on 16/5/02, Robert Brandtjen wrote:

>On a Macro scale, the world depends on American consumption for it's survival

Wow, this sentence must have made you feel really good... (and by the
way, it is "its survival"). But seriously, all I can say is: wishful
thinking, really. You might be right that a lot of business
transactions here in Europe depend on the US economy, however, saying
that half of the work force of car companies would have to be laid
off clearly demonstrates that you are exaggerating and that you very
probably do not live in Europe. In fact, it's funny how many times I
read comments from Americans telling us how things *really* are here.

By the way, I concur with dylan, it is completely off-topic, however,
such comments do come across as arrogant, inaccurate and provoking.

Paolo