Ok, so I'm clueless. :) Setting up an external modem.

Cynthia Croy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 16 12:14:01 2002

  Jackie-

I'm using Gnome, but I assume KDE is similar (it has an internet dialer
tool), and I think you should be able to access the Gnome menu through
the start menu in KDE. Anyway, in Gnome, there is a dialup configuration
tool in the internet menu. This is where you set up info for the ISP -
username, password phone number etc. It recognized that I didn't have a
modem configured yet and detected it for me. You may have a harder time
getting it to work in MacOS. I have a 56K US Robotics modem, and I was
never able to get it to go any faster than 2400 in system 7.5. OS9 dealt
with it just fine, so I didn't worry about it since I upgraded to OS 9
shortly after getting the modem.

If you run into any problems, let me know and I'll try to help.

Cindy