sound in Linux

nigel kersten yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 24 20:12:02 2002

Well I had exactly the opposite experience with YDL 2.2 and my TiBook
667.

Straight out of the box, audio was working enough with artsd enough for
me to play mp3s and audio cds.

I'm now using a CVS checkout of ALSA with OSS compatibility that's
working really well, but apparently later CVS versions aren't working?

We need some more info on your system though Bob.
What sort of machine is it?
What version of YDL are you running?

nigel