sound in YDL

robert nuzum yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 25 05:33:01 2002

Thanks for all the responses to my email. I am running YDL 2.2 (just
installed it) in a 400 dv iMac with OSX1.4 on an external hard drive.
YDL is on the iMac's internal drive.
I tried to update kdebase as suggested in the errata  to  get sound
working but couldn't download it because  of missing dependencies.
Another question : how does one use yup to update. I tried using the
command " yup update kdebase" but it was not recognized and when I set
the  right path" /usr/sbin," still no dice. I can't find any reference
as to how to get YUP working only a lot of hype about how great it is
and how we should use it.

Thanks again, Bob