Install on 8500

Pete Prodoehl yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Nov 11 09:14:01 2002

More details:

partitions: (2 drives)

sda5 145mb swap
sda6 10mb boot
sda7 1800mb /
sdb5 340mb Mac OS
sdb6 home

First though, is 1800mb enough disk space? Perhaps I'll change these
partitions a bit and try again...

How much disk space is required for the default/workstation install?

I've tried the text and gui installer - with basically the same results.
I don't mind the text installer, as that's what I'm used to, and thought
it might be less buggy than the gui based install.

The video driver never seemed to be an issue, would it affect the actual
installation process?

I've tried setting BootX to look at sda7 (as the install said) as well
as sda6, just in case. No luck... sda7 (which is /) would be correct, right?

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll give it another go.

Pete