boot failure

Stephen Reiach yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Nov 14 10:19:01 2002

Ok. I've never found anything wrong with the stock kernel for 2.3. I read that same email on the MOL list.  I've also helped several people who followed that advice when they didn't need to.  I and others run MOL with the stock 2.4.19-4a.  Having said that you can't use the ppc rpms provided by MOL.  You must use the src rpms for both mol and kmods and recompile them on your system.  Uninstall the old mol. Install the new. Remove the kernel module 'rmmod mol' and you should be good to go.

Steve R.