External video Pismo

A R yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Nov 21 23:09:02 2002

Dear Group,

I had external video working great in YDL2.0 with a
Lombard.  I have not yet succeeded in getting YDL2.3
+ Pismo to work with external monitors or LCD
projectors.

I tried two ways:
1. Connect monitor before poweron of computer.
Result:  initial yaboot screen seen on external
monitor,
as soon as Linux penguin should appear during bootup,
external monitor goes black.

2. Boot up computer solo, then put computer to sleep.
Attach external video, then wake up computer.
Result:  no video on external monitor.

Is there a HOWTO or URL for this?

Thanks in advance!
Andrew

P. S. My complements to this bulletin board.
I find many useful posts browsing through the archive!