Aw: Re: Serial Printer

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Nov 22 00:52:01 2002

> Where did this function come from? It's not on my system.
>=20
> /usr/local/sbin/lp2stylewriter

Sorry, there was one step missing in my explanation. I guess I was somewhat=
 tired yesterday evening...

It's simply the attached script... In /etc/printcap, if=3D... specifies the=
 input filter script. This can be any program which reads from stdin and (u=
sually) writes to stdout. I think, however, lpstyl (which is called within =
this script) writes directly to /dev/stylewriter. Not sure... anyway, it wo=
rks perfectly for me!

Hope this helps,

Albrecht.

>=20
> Tschuess,
> Dan
>=20
>=20
> Albrecht Dre=DF wrote:
> > Hi Dan!
> >=20
> > I have an old StyleWriter II running fine with a 7300... Just put the=
=20
> > following into /etc/printcap:
> >=20
> > ~~~snip here~~~
> > lp:\
> >         :sd=3D/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
> >         :mx#0:\
> >         :sh:\
> >         :lp=3D/dev/stylewriter:\
> >         :lf=3D/var/spool/lpd/lp.log:\
> >         :px#2975:\
> >         :py#4210:\
> >         :sf:\
> >         :rw:\
> >         :if=3D/usr/local/sbin/lp2stylewriter.sh:
> > ~~~snip here~~~
> >=20
> > Then make a symlink named /dev/stylewriter to /dev/ttyS0 (or 1, depends=
=20
> > on your machine), and use the attached file as input filter. Please not=
e=20
> > that this is all configured for A4 paper (210 x 297 mm), so if you use=
=20
> > letter, you may have to change some settings.

-
Weihnachsteink=E4ufe jetzt bequem und g=FCnstig bei eBay erledigen!
Jeden Tag =FCber 2 Mio. Angebote. Startpreise ab Eur 1,-! www.ebay.de
http://www.arcor.de/home/redir.php/email.ebay_xmas2002