Anyone using PHP?

Mark Kirkwood yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Nov 22 00:58:00 2002

Hey Mark,

>I'm trying to work with some code I've installed for a client on my Linux
>server. I've installed an open-source e-commerce engine and would like to
>make some changes and test things before I upload to the site.

want to tell us what e-commerce engine ? never know, might be a factor :-)

>So since I've
>got 10.2.2 with Apache and PHP on my Pismo, I figured I'd be all set. But
>what I get when I try to load the pages is nothing! While I can run the
>pages on the server, they do not render in my browser when I run them on
>Darwin/OSX. Anyone have a clue as to how to debug this?

What browser ? - also might be important...

To debug I would use the following :

telnet <host> 80
GET <your PHP url> HTTP/1.0
<nl>
<nl>

and see what HTML source you are getting.

This should show you the HTTP headers etc etc so you get some idea of what is not working

also a page that consists of

<?php
phpinfo();
?>