MD5Sum mismatch in gtkhtml-devel

Patrick Callahan yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Nov 27 18:40:00 2002

Solution:

rpm -e gtkhtml-devel
rm /var/cache/apt/archives/partial/gtkhtml-devel_1.0.3-1a_ppc.rpm.FAILED
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

gtkhtml-devel now installs correctly.

-Pat Callahan

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 19:59:02 -0500
From: Patrick Callahan <pat.callahan@earthlink.net>
To: dburcaw@terrasoftsolutions.com

Dan,

For quite some time now I've been getting the MD5Sum Mismatch error
when doing apt-get dist-upgrade.

Nothing seems to fix this and there's been no activity on the list regarding this error.

any clues?

-Pat callahan

apt-get dist-upgrade
Processing File Dependencies... Done
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done
The following packages have been kept back
  kernel-headers
The following packages will be upgraded
  gtkhtml gtkhtml-devel
2 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove(replace) and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 383kB/971kB of archives. After unpacking 25.6kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Get:1 http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com apt/2.3/main gtkhtml-devel 1.0.3-1a [383kB]
Fetched 383kB in 6s (57.5kB/s)
Failed to fetch http://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/apt/2.3/RPMS.main/gtkhtml-devel-1.0.3-1a.ppc.rpm
  MD5Sum mismatch
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe try with --fix-missing?

Denis/Janet Jarvis  yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 11 17:56:01 2002