How do you "configure" a source RPM (.src.rpm)

Jonathan Singer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 2 07:24:01 2002

If I understand correctly, you're using 'rpm --rebuild foo.src.rpm', right?

Try installing the src.rpm instead, with 'rpm -ivh foo.src.rpm'. That installs the source and spec files, which you can then tweak to your liking. Go into /usr/src/redhat/SPECS and modify foo.spec.

I haven't made a spec file in a long time and forget which section you have to modify for configure (can someone else help out?) but the RPM HOWTO may help.

<http://www.rpm.org/RPM-HOWTO/build.html>