HELP Re-compiled new kernel won't boot ...

Bernard Mentink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 2 14:41:01 2002

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. I presume you mean when you get the "boot:"
prompt?

I tried typing "cd-linux root=/dev/hda14/" but all I got was this error:
"cd-linux:2,/vmlinux: unable to open file invalid device"

Cheers,
Bernie