Saving drive space

cotillard yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Oct 7 05:19:01 2002

I need to do some cleaning on my hard drive to have more space.
I have removed gimp and now I'd like to remove gnome which I don't use.
Would this command be safe % apt-get remove gnome-core ?
Do you have any idea what else I could remove? I use the box as a web server
(apache, php, mysql, webdav, ldap... Etc). I do not really need the GUI but
I still would like to keep the Kdesktop.

I have two hard drives in my computer 4 go + 4go the swap is on on the same
HD than the / . I'm planning on moving the swap to the second HD (256 mb) to
get it back on the main disk.
I know how to do all that but what I don't know is how to "integrate" the
256mb back to the / partition. Is that possible?

Thanks