VNC Server for 2.1

bronto yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 8 21:45:01 2002

OK, I'm game:

>first, you have to have X11 running. If you use character, see if startx
>works.

Using telnet or SSH?  Tried that, didn't work.  "Fatal Server error:
PAM authentication failed, cannot start X server.  Perhaps you do not
have console ownership?"  Using a regular user account, doesn't seem
to me that I should need to use root here.  I'm on windows; is this
where I "need to install Cygwin and their X server"?