Creating powerPC based render farms w/ YellowDog

jacobe . yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Oct 27 23:39:01 2002

Hello all,

I've just joined the list, so please accept apologies for the possible repeat of topics.

We are in the process of rebuilding our computer animation lab (running Maya on OSX) and are looking into creating a small render farm of 4 to 5 machines.  I've heard that the easiest thing to do would create a linux cluster of sorts.

Has anyone tried this?  Have any tips, thoughts, other ideas?

We were thinking of getting some older pre-G4 Macintosh machines and using them for the render farm.  If the budget allows, it's always possible to actually purchase prebuilt machines straight from TerraSoft.

so, again... any thoughts, ideas, pros/cons, etc... etc...

the more help, the better.

thanks,

jacobe

Express yourself with a super cool email address from BigMailBox.com.
Hundreds of choices. It's free!
http://www.bigmailbox.com