Internet connection but host not found

Bernard mentink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 29 23:23:01 2002

Hi There,

This problem sounds like the old "DNS name resolving" issue I ran across.

It seems the YDL addes a default route to your route table so DNS name
resolving tries this port rather
than the ISP's route.

Try /sbin/route, when you have not dialed in. There proberly is a
default 0.0.0.0 entry.
If so, do a "route del default", then dial into your ISP, you should
find it works ok.

Not knowing were this "default route" gets set up, I put the above
command in /etc/rc.d/init.local

Cheers,
Bernie Mentink