Radeon 7500

Ron McCall yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 5 21:10:01 2002

Hi,

I have been excited about the Radeon 7500 support in YDL 2.3 ever since
it was released.  I bought one of the new G4/800 machines when they hit
the stores back in January but ended up having to give my Radeon 7500
card to my parents since the Radeon 7500 wasn't supported back then.  I
have been using the Rage 128 Pro card from my old G4/466 ever since and
it has been working fine.

Anyway, I just had my parents ship me the Radeon 7500 card back so I
could see if I could get it to work.  I have had partial success.  First
of all, I am using a 22" Apple Cinema Display (ADC version).  I am
unable to get either the radeon or radeonfb frame buffers to work
(currently using video=ofonly).  I have tried the following
combinations:

video=radeon:1600x1024-24@60
video=radeon:1600x1024-8@60
video=radeonfb:1600x1024-24@60
video=radeonfb:1600x1024-8@60

Each of them results in a blank screen.  Is there another combination I
should try?  I don't really use the console much at all so do I even
care if I am stuck with video=ofonly?

By the way, in XFConfig-4, I had to remove the "UseFBDev" option to get
X to work.  I am assuming this has something to do with my video=ofonly
setting.  Other than that change, the file is the same as was installed
when I initially installed YDL 2.3 with my Rage 128 Pro card.

Thanks for the help!

Ron