Networking dies with YDL 2.3 and Rev A & D iMacs after 20+ hours

Scott Kevill yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Sep 17 21:45:01 2002

I'm getting a bizarre and serious problem that I've been unable to track
down. Two separate server machines exhibited the same behaviour. An iMac Rev
A, and an iMac Rev D. Both running near identical installs of YDL 2.3.

After more than 20 hours, the networking simply dies. Nothing gets in or
out, even to other machines on the LAN. After a warm reboot, it's back to
normal again (until it dies the next time).

Are there any known problems with YDL 2.3 (or any version) and the early
iMacs? There's no "sleep mode" that it's going into, is there? Any pointers
on anything I can do to track this down?

Thanks,
Scott.
--
Scott Kevill