Networking dies with YDL 2.3 and Rev A & D iMacs after 20+ hours

Ken Schweigert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 18 09:56:04 2002

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 11:43:56AM +0800, Scott Kevill wrote:
> I'm getting a bizarre and serious problem that I've been unable to track
> down. Two separate server machines exhibited the same behaviour. An iMac Rev
> A, and an iMac Rev D. Both running near identical installs of YDL 2.3.
>
> After more than 20 hours, the networking simply dies. Nothing gets in or
> out, even to other machines on the LAN. After a warm reboot, it's back to
> normal again (until it dies the next time).

We had a similar situation where it turned out that the hard drive was going
to sleep.  Switching back to MacOS and then the Energy Control Panel to
never go to sleep fixed it.

Hopefully it's that easy for you.

-ken