Install Kernal Panic on PM6500PPC

Daniel Brad Holder yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 22 06:31:01 2003

It's been 4 months since I installed yellow 2.3 on my 6500 but I had
trouble with kernel panics during installation. To recify this error
I installed the older 2.2 series kernel in a base installation. I
don't remember how I navigated the installation options to achieve
this.

FYI: If you decide to compile your own 2.4 kernel for the pmac 6500 you
will run into a problem with the NIC that shipped with the 6500. It will
not report the correct MAC address and not work with dhcp registration
schemes in use at various academic institutions.

Brad Holder
gte575f@prism.gatech.edu
"Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by
fearing to attempt." - William Shakespeare