(no subject)

Fernando Corvinos yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 22 08:52:01 2003

--============_-1161099393==_ma============

Does anyone know how to install Orinoco wireless adaptor?

Stefan Bruda wrote:
>  Hi.
>
>  At 16:25 +1000 on 2003-4-22 Greg Hamilton wrote:
>   >
>   > In the meantime I'd like to get the Airport working.  Is there any
>   > documentation or a website somewhere that explains what to do ?
>   > I've go about as far as 'insmod airport' which seemed to work, but
>   > when I run ifconfig all I find is eth0 and lo.
>
>  You have to run first iwconfig on what will be the new ethernet
>  adapter (and thus eth1 assuming that there was only eth0 originally).
>  Something like this:
>
>      /sbin/iwconfig eth1 essid $essid mode $mode key $key
>
>  where $essid is your network ID, $mode is Managed or Ad-Hoc as the
>  case may be, and $key is your cryptographic key in case you use WEP.
>  See the manual page for details.
>
>  After this, you can do ifconfig eth1 do bring 'er up and everything,
>  or just run dhcpcd eth1 if you have a DHCP server to get the
>  information from.
>
>  There is a good howto on the YDL Web site, at
>

>http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/airport24.shtml
>
>  Hope this helps,
>  Stefan

--============_-1161099393==_ma============

how to install Orinoco wireless adaptor?<br>
Stefan Bruda wrote:<br>
&gt; Hi.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; At 16:25 +1000 on 2003-4-22 Greg Hamilton wrote:<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &gt; In the meantime I'd like to get the Airport working.&nbsp;
Is there any<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &gt; documentation or a website somewhere that explains
what to do ?<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &gt; I've go about as far as 'insmod airport' which seemed
to work, but<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &gt; when I run ifconfig all I find is eth0 and lo.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; You have to run first iwconfig on what will be the new
ethernet<br>
&gt; adapter (and thus eth1 assuming that there was only eth0
originally).<br>
&gt; Something like this:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /sbin/iwconfig eth1 essid $essid mode
$mode key $key<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; where $essid is your network ID, $mode is Managed or Ad-Hoc as
the<br>
&gt; case may be, and $key is your cryptographic key in case you use
WEP.<br>
&gt; See the manual page for details.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; After this, you can do ifconfig eth1 do bring 'er up and
everything,<br>
&gt; or just run dhcpcd eth1 if you have a DHCP server to get the<br>
&gt; information from.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; There is a good howto on the YDL Web site, at<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/airport24<span
&gt;<br>