Upgrade 2.3 to 3.0?

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 26 12:23:01 2003

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:33:29 -0400 (EDT), "nathan r. hruby"
<nathan@drama.uga.edu> wrote :

> For the 3.0 release that's probably tru, though it's now using
> anaconda, so if /home is on a seperate partition (as it should be)
> then all you really need to do is format the other stuff in the
> installer and not /home.

	I'll gladly do that, but I haven't the faintest idea how. Does
it walk you through doing it?

> Failing that, you might be able to cajole apt into do the upgrade, at
> least as far as getting a newer version of rpm + dependancies
> installed and then let yum handle the rest.

	Err ... duhhh ... which way is up, there? Is that "cajole -Uvh"
as root, or "cajole -fxvQ" as branch, or do I put my thumb somewhere and
hope? [iow, you're about a parsec over my head, alas! :-)]

> Err.. 3.0 should be on mirror sites soonish now so, hopefullt some
> brave soul will take the plunge.  I have a box to upgrade soon as
> well, so hopeful once the semster ends in a fews weeks I can setup a
> test box and try to document the process.

	Do please report! I may manage to understand eventually.
Meanwhile, fwiw, for my part I'll definitely order the CDs -- to have
them, to support YD, to put my money where my mouth is, and most of all
to get the tech support. I may even wear the T-shirt. <grin>
--
Beartooth Implacable <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
PhD, Neo-Redneck, Linux Duffer