Unresolved issues: sleep and daylight savings time

Jonathan Singer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Aug 21 08:55:02 2003

Two questions I've seen other people ask but not get answered -- both, in my
case, on a TiBook with Radeon Mobility:

1) The sleep issue -- if you close the top, or if the system goes into sleep
while in kdm, you get a blue screen that you can't wake up from. Is there a
known fix (or even a known cause) for this?

2) Setting the clock -- dual booting between OS X and YDL, the time in Linux
is always reported as EST, even though it is set to EDT. How do I change
things so both sides show the same time?

Help on either or both would be appreciated! I'll be glad to provide details
if someone tells me what to look for.