Problem booting YDL after installing yellowdog-3.0-sirius-20030707 iso's

Paul Tap yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Aug 21 10:39:01 2003

-- I don't quote the original message --

Ok, still don't get the mentioned iso's te boot
cleanly. Got it working by replacing the kernel and
detaching my Logitec wireless mouse receiver from the
machine and plugging it in after hardware detection
had finished. May be this is related to the USB hub
problems mentioned on the YDL site ??

In the end I went back to the regular YDL 3.0, did an
update of all packages and got MOL to load finally,
despite incorrect module versions. Looks like the
major pain was in the video console setting. Disabling
this solved the loading of mol.o.

Just cool to connect to the iMac from a X-terminal
using gdm and run OSX in a window. Rather fast,
Quicktime movies play just fine. Just working around
what anoyed me about native OSX: remote access. Aqua
is cool, but it just isn't like X Window ;-)

Paul

=====
There is nothing wrong with Windows 2000...

...that Linux can't fix.