What's up with apt (and in praise of yum)

Thomas Carlson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Dec 7 13:26:02 2003

Thanks to Charles and Harvey for setting me straight on yum.  I have=20
pointed it to a mirror and everything works fine now.

I still don't know why yum is such an improvement over apt, however,=20
especially when the connection shuts down and one has to start all over=20=

again.  Apt just picked up where it left off, whereas yum doesn't seem=20=

to like a partially downloaded package hanging around.  I also liked=20
the way that apt gave me more information about the progress of=20
downloads.

But, hey, that's the way progress is in the wonderful world of Linux.

Thanks again,

Tom