What's up with apt (and in praise of yum)

Harvey Ussery yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 8 12:44:01 2003

Really glad you resolved the prob, Tom--thanks for letting us know. I'm
still trying to master use of yum, espec w regards to querying yum re
pkgs--both installed & available fr the download site. But I've been
able to download what I wanted to, once I ascertained the availability
status.

Meanwhile, over in my Debian install, going thru the same learning
process w apt. (Haven't checked out aptitude, the more recent frontend
to apt, as yet.) Maybe I'll be picking your brain sometime for pointers
on apt.

Cheers.    --Harvey