Power Management PM7500

M. Alway yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 29 17:58:01 2003

I have a PowerMac 7500 that has been running an Apache Web server and
MySQL Database server for several years.  It's still on YDL 2.4 with linux
kernel 2.4.18-0.9a. The thing runs non-stop and the hard drive is
continually spinning.  I'm worried after 2.5 years of non-stop usage that
the hard drives will get worn out.  Is there any power management options
within YDL 2.4 or 3.0 (Looking forward to upgrading) that will spin down a
SCSI hard drive in a 7500 when not in use?  The fan spinning down would
also be nice as those older machines are loud.

Thanks,
Mark

= Mark Alway                                       =
= Lead Software Developer                          =
= Ed-Tech Development Group                        =
= Educational Partnerships & Learning Technologies =
= University of Washington                         =
= Box 353080, Seattle, WA 98195                    =
= 206.616.3406                                     =
= always@u.washington.edu                          =