Trying to compile the latest version of gcc

Harold Shanafield yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Feb 15 18:44:01 2003

Hi everybody,

I am trying to compile the latest version (3.2.2) of
gcc with c and c++ support and I am not getting very
far.  It defaults to powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu and I
have tried setting the build, host and target to
powerpc-yellowdog-linux-gnu, but that was just a
guess.  I have downloaded, compiled and installed the
latest version of binutils.  I have gotten as far
comparing the last two builds, but that failed.  I am
running a 9500MP with 704MB of ram and everything else
is YDL 2.3.  Any tips, tricks or pointers to howto's
would be helpful.

Thanks,
Harold