Kopete build

Nick Betcher yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Feb 21 21:04:01 2003

Hello,

> I currently have a base KDE (3.0.1 I think) install from Yellowdog
> 2.3. I've never built an RPM before, but I'm willing to lend a hand
> if possible.

It's quite simple to build an RPM, but my main concern is that your KDE
version is too old, and thus buggy. The latest version is 3.1 (but 3.0.5
would do just fine). Does YellowDog have 3.0.5? If not, is it a possibility
to get the YellowDog developers to up the version and release an update (I'm
not sure how YellowDog works exactly, but I'm thinking on the lines of YaST,
Mandrake updater-thingy, and up2date). That's why I'm CCing this to the list
(so they can respond - please CC me on all mails on the list).

Some of the first versions of KDE 3.0.x have some critical bugs, but it's a
possibility to try to see how it works. What is the KDE prefix on YellowDog?
(run 'kde-config --prefix'). What is the Qt prefix? (echo $QTDIR, or use rpm
to find it). With that information I can construct a YellowDog taylored RPM.

YellowDog devels, any comments on the above? Suggestions? Etc?

				Thanks,
					Nick Betcher