Network Problems

John Collins yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Feb 26 12:30:00 2003

I have YDL 2.3 installed on a 500MHz dual usb iBook. I have an airport card
installed intending to share an internet connection with a PC running
Windows Me and connected to the internet with a Speedtouch USB modem.

In MacOS9 and OS X everything works fine.

In YDL eth0 is the builtin ethernet which is not wired to anything.
I setup eth1 with the same IP Address, netmask and DNS as in OS X and it
doesn't work. I can ping and share files between the iBook and the PC. But I
can't connect to the internet. The strangest thing of all is that if I run
MOL, I can connect to the internet from OS9.

In YDL when I try and access www.yellowdoglinux.com I get unknown host, if I
try 66.7.161.3 I get network is unreachable.

I don't know where to start!

john collins