Request for complete charsets

Markus Deistler yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jan 19 16:46:01 2003

Hi,

I am still looking for keyboard access to unicode-char "low double comma
quotation mark" somewhere in X ... They look similar to ,, and are
non-iso-chars but have to be used in any German text, as the opening
quotation mark, like =AB has to be used in French texts, eg. "house" is
German ,,Haus'', French  =ABmaison=BB. [ the =AB and the =BB are
iso8859-1-chars, but if your Mailreader fails to display them, they look
similar to << and >>.... just smaller ].

I can cut-and-paste that ",," to most KDE-apps (Gnome 1.4-stuff doesn't
really like non-iso-chars) with help of the
Kcharselect-utility, if I switch to table 32 (255 tables are supported by
KDE, unicode seems to work).=20

There is a X-keysym 0x00AFE which is recognized as "doublelowquotemark"
by xev. Got that result by putting this in my de-keyboardmap for X.

key <TLDE> {    [       dead_circumflex,degree       ],
                [       0x0AFE         ]           };

Alas "XLookupString" fails to find a string for doublelowquotemark. Will
I have to fix that in X-source (probably Xlib)? I haven't looked at
X-source yet.=20

If anyone has any ideas or done something similar before, please tell
me.

Markus

PS: English texts usually use "high double comma quotation mark, turned"
and "high double comma quotation mark" ...  non-iso-chars, too.