Accessing Mac Partition Files

Markus Deistler yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jan 20 17:31:01 2003

Hi,

On 20.01.2003 22:12 Uhr  Rick Thomas wrote:

> PPC Linux can't mount HFS+ partitions.  And it has only limited support f=
or
> HFS partitions.
>=20
> Do "man -k hfs" to see the details of what support there is.
>=20
> Somebody (you?) needs to bring that code into the nineties.  It's open
> source, after all!  We would all benefit if someone put the necessary eff=
ort
> into supporting an "hfsplus" file system type.

... and fixing hfsutils, I still have to run Nortun Utilities after I've
copied stuff from Linux to HFS-standard-partitions.

Unfortunately I'am not a coder (yet) and would be happy If I were able to
perform simple text processing in my native language (with *simple* access
to all necessary special characters).

Well, after all I learnt that there aren't really any Linux users anymore,
just users turned into coders. It's a kind of assimilation. Resistance is
futile.=20

Markus

-- =20
|MARKUS DEISTLER                        msdeistler@freenet.de |
|KRIEMHILDSTR. 18, 90461 N=DCRNBERG,     MOBIL -> 0162/6906779  |
|                                        TEL -> 0911/4099232  |