Live Streaming with YDL

Bryan D. Brown yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 23 17:45:01 2003

Greetings all:

I am trying to set up a live audio streaming server with YDL.
Unfortunately, I am not having any luck getting anything stable to
run.

Icecast with Liveice has been very problematic (apparently the little
endian type really messes with the encoding, and I have not figured
out where in the Icecast source I need to modify to solve this
problem).

The more exotic ffmpeg has been the closest I have gotten to getting
something to work, but even it is not operating properly.

Has anyone had any luck with using YDL 2.3 for this purpose? Or any
other suggestions?

I should mention that I have tried the Icecast list to no avail,
hence the post here.

Thanks in advance.

Bryan