Appletalk Services

Atro Tossavainen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 31 03:31:01 2003

> It has been recommended to me to upgrade to netatalk 1.6 but it has
> to be built from source.

A lot of people say this like it was a bad thing.

Download the kit, unpack it kit, ./configure --with-your-options,
make, make install.  "Your options" might be "--enable-redhat" and
perhaps "--prefix=/usr".

The aversion to building from source would be a lot easier to understand
if this was a package that didn't come with any sort of automatic config
tools and you needed to specify compilation-time arguments manually and
the OS was HP-UX on which nothing works out of the box.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,

File attachments NOT welcome unless agreed to beforehand.