yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #643 - 7 msgs

David Tisdell yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 31 20:52:00 2003

I just updated to 1.6 today. I won't be able to tell
until after a couple of working days if this has
solved my issues or not.
When I warned about compiling from source, I was not
implying that it is a bad thing. It just can be an
intimidating concept depending on your experience.
If my problems are solved, I will post here.
Dave

just tell me that it is
going to solve the problem.

wrote:

>> Ugh...that is a lot of info...I wish Ximian Desktop
would install on
>> YDL 2.3  It really stinks that it only supports 2.2
>
> Just edit /etc/yellowdog-release and change 2.3 to
2.2 and then it
> installs without a problem. When you are done change
it back to 2.3.

<chris@webarchitects.co.uk>
http://www.webarchitects.co.uk/

http://mkdoc.com/
http://chris.croome.net/

> -- __--__--
>
> Message: 7
> From: Atro Tossavainen <atossava@cc.helsinki.fi>
> Subject: Re: Appletalk Services
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 12:33:22 +0200 (EET)
>
>> It has been recommended to me to upgrade to
netatalk 1.6 but it has
>> to be built from source.
>
> A lot of people say this like it was a bad thing.
>
> Download the kit, unpack it kit, ./configure
--with-your-options,
> make, make install.  "Your options" might be
"--enable-redhat" and
> perhaps "--prefix=/usr".
>
> The aversion to building from source would be a lot
easier to
> understand
> if this was a package that didn't come with any sort
of automatic
> config
> tools and you needed to specify compilation-time
arguments manually
and