iBook DVD

Greg Hamilton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 1 00:45:01 2003

I haven't tried dialling out with the modem yet but if I run Minicom
with /dev/modem symlinked to /dev/ttyS0 I seem to be talking to a modem.

I can enter basic Hayes commands and I get back the anticipated
results, though I did initially have permissions problems. /dev/ttyS0
is owned by root:uucp. It's group r/w so my slightly half arsed
solution was to add myself to the uucp group and I was away.

Greg