PPC 8500/150 running ?Newtech? G3 processor

Chris Bacon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 8 11:14:02 2003

Thanks Thomas, but I'm afraid I may need more help.
Can you give information on creating a Bootable CD for
the steps below?

I have a OS9 cd that I got from ebay. when I tried to
boot on the MAC it said I needed a newer version.

Currently running OS8.2 (but again, I would rather
blow off all MAC and run on Linux)

If took the hard drive out and put a new one with NO
information, do you think the OS9 will work since it
will not see an existing OS in there?

Also you mentioned I can boot without MAC. IS there a
Linux bootable cd that I can create so that I can boot
Purely on Linux and install using miboot and yaboot.

Thanks

Chris P. Bacon

<http://apple.fh-pforzheim.de/YDL/files/Boot_Linux.comp.ro.img.sit>

<http://apple.fh-pforzheim.de/YDL/files/README.Boot_Linux.html>