airport problem

Jeff Burton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 10 16:04:01 2003

I'm running YDL 2.3 and set up airport using the support doc on the YDL
site.
it's on a 99 ibook.

i am using OSX 10.2's version of a software base station.
(internet sharing)

when I

/sbin/ifup eth1, IP information is determined fine and a
netstat -rn
shows that eth1 is indeed up and running.

However, when I try to connect to a website with mozilla or konquerer i
get nothing...

If i use ncftp I can connect to ftp servers, but once connected I can't
  view the files.. an ls boots me out... I get "remote host was not
responding, closing down the session" when i try to enter another ls
into the prompt in ncftp.

I had a similar problem when using eth0 on a static IP but that
mysteriously solved itself....

The thing that I really don't get is that I did this a year ago on the
same machine, also with YDL 2.3.  this is just a recent clean
install...(I can't get YDL3 to go on this ibook...)

help!