airport problem (maybe not?)

Jeff Burton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 11 11:27:00 2003

IP routing table.

Destination     Gateway   Genmask       -----      Iface
10.0.2.0                  *           255.255.255.0            eth1
127.0.0.0                 *          255.0.0.0                      lo
default               10.0.2.1    0.0.0.0                         eth1

ftp sites were accessed by names.. ie www.ams.ubc.ca..
ftp.yellowdoglinux.com.. my password was accepted at the former, and i
was granted anonymous access at ydl.
my resolv.conf file has a' domain', 2 'nameserver' listings and a
'search' line.
(ie 'domain vc.shawcable.net' )
They must be automatic or something... I  have never entered those
values...
Websites i usually try.. google.. yahoo, etc.

I just set up an ftp on the G4, i get the 'welcome to darwin'
user jeff logged in
Logged into ....etc

then...
ncftp /Users/jeff >   'ls'
at this point it waits for something, then
ncftp>      so i type 'ls'
Remote host was not responding, closing down the session.

I also just discovered that I can change directories as well..
ie on the ydl ftp.. i can cd to
/pub/yellowdog/releases/yellowdog-3.0/en/os
if I the try to 'get README' same thing happens as when i try to ls....

When I had a similar problem with a hardline, static IP, I thought i
fixed it by starting eth0 before I started up KDX.
That does nothing for me here... I thought maybe it was a permissions
thing, but the same thing happens when logged into root as my regular
user....
i have no idea what is going on!

btw, thanks for your help... I am fairly new at this.