YDL 3.0 install and Epson C40UX printer

mamonbbux yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 23 06:52:01 2003

Stephen Harker a écrit :
>I would be interested to hear if 4.2.3 does work for you.

root@bbux gimp-print-4.2.5]# ./configure \
--with-gimp \
--with-escputil \
--with-foomatic
( ... start ... of ... configure ... bla ... bla ... bla ...)
*** The gimptool script installed by GIMP could not be found
*** If GIMP was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GIMPTOOL environment variable to the
*** full path to gimptool.
configure: error: Cannot find GIMP libraries: Please run ldconfig as root

/sbin/ldconfig didn't help, so I've tried :
[root@bbux gimp-print-4.2.5]# ./configure \
--with-cups \
--with-escputil \
--with-foomatic \\--// -- not with gimp, so

and it was ok this time, also for make & make install

after that, going to http://bbux:631 I've deleted the printer and
re-create the same but with gimp-print "new-version".
I've clicked on "test page" and it began to print Printer Test Page with
a very little of the following (colors camembert, I guess)
re-after that, printer wanted pages and pages doing nothing with them
but 4trash ones!

all this is better than before when I have nothing at all... but I need
to figure out how to re-configure the printer. Maybe the ppd is to be
changed, or what?

The README of the tar.gz is long enough to make me lost. I am.

--
~~~~
<:o)

PS1: FREE MUMIA AND LEONARD !