Customizing YDL

Ben Hall yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 31 07:01:02 2003

Thanks, but I'm looking to do this for _all new users_  (default user..)
not just me.  I'm looking into putting in a small lab of Linux systems
and cannot configure each desktop (as the accounts already exist in
Solaris/NIS.)

FWIW, I got rid of the unwanted applets by uninstalling the RPM (this is
what is commonly referred to as the brute-force method. ;)  I also found
that you could disable the screensaver by editing an XML file in
/etc/gconf somewhere...

Ben