Customizing YDL

Greg Hamilton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 31 18:13:01 2003

Ahhh, sorry. I understand what you're asking now.

I guess there must be some default files somewhere that Gnome grabs the
first time a new user starts a Gnome session. Probably a whole bunch of
them. It's going to create .gtkrc, .gnome/..., ..gnome2/..., etc.

You could setup a test account with the desktop environment you're
after, then tar.gz all the Gnome config files/dirs. Then write a new
user script which runs useradd and then, on successfully creating a new
user, untars your default Gnome config into the new home dir you've
just created.

Seems a little clumsy I suppose, but it would be really easy.

Greg