Console video resolution problem

Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 2 16:28:01 2003

Hi all

I am running a Matrox Millenium PCI card in an OldWorld Mac booting
using miBoot.

I added "append=video=matroxfb" to my yaboot.conf file and it works
well.

X11 is running in 1024x768 with 32768 colors very fine.

But the console always runs in 640x480 whatever "vmode:xx" I add to the
append-line in the yaboot.conf file.

I am runnig a selfcompiled kernel built from 2.4.20-ben10. I remember
that the original BenH Kernel bootet in 1024x768 mode but do not know
how he managed this.

Any ideas how to force the console to run in 1024x768 from booting on as
well as X11 does?

As a sideeffect, MOL is running in console resolution only (640x480)
because as the MOL-documentation tells so the driver has to support the
same resolutions in X as well as in console mode. So I cannot run MOL
fullscreen in 1024x768 because console does not run in this mode.

Thomas

--
Thomas <macgix@macgix-services.com>