Hacked: Console video resolution problem

Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 3 03:16:01 2003

Hi Thomas

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 01:33, Thomas Kernes wrote:
> If you get an answer to this, would you let me know, please?  This has been
> bugging me for years and I have never been able to get a good reason why/how
> to fix it.
>
> Thanks.

I could fix it because I remembered using BootX with the 'No video
driver' option prior to miBoot and it had 1024x768 on console.

Here's the trick:

I bootet in Mac OS 9.1 on a external hard drive and set the resolution
to 1024x768@16-bit in Mac OS.

Then I copied the 'Display Preferences' file and the 'Monitor Settings'
folder from the Mac OS 9.l System Folder into the Preferences folder of
my miBoot System Folder on my boot partition.

This did the trick, rebooting in Linux resulted in a 1024x768@16-bit
console. IMHO the values are stored into PRAM or NVRAM...

Have fun!

Thomas

--
Thomas <http://macgix-services.com>