Anaconda Error

Miguel A. Mota Jr. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 5 16:16:01 2003

---------<Except from the reply from Ron Smith>---------
>This could be true. There are basically 2 classes of Macs as far as YDL
>installation is concerned, and they are "New World" and "Old World" ROM
>revisions. It sounds like the Mac you have is an "Old World" which does
>require the installation of MacOS and the BootX  bootloader. To make
>sure that this applies to the machine you have there is some
>information here:

http://www.macinfo.de/hardware/boards-g3.html
http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/G3-ZONE/yosemite/
http://www.macspeedzone.com/archive/5.0/individualmacines/yosemite300.html
http://www.lowendmac.com/ppc/g3c.shtml

    After during some web searching during my study hall today I found the
above sites and based on their information, I have the (pre?) Yosemite model
G3 PowerMac of January 1999 (DC in 6-03), which is listed as a New World ROM
rev. 2.  So all I have to do is completely wiped my old windows drive
properly and install YD 2.2. Since apparently "fdisking" and deleting the
partitions didn't do it (YD 2.2 installation says something about MS-Dos
partitions), can someone recommend a proper procedure?  I don't any Mac OS
CDs.

---------</ Except from the reply from Ron Smith>---------

---------<Except from the reply from Oscar G. Maldonado Cotero>---------
>First of all... What kind of G3 do you have ? The beige one, or the B&W
>one ?

    I always was asked this but didn't know the correct answer until I
visited the above sites.  It's the B&W one.

---------</Except from the reply from Oscar G. Maldonado Cotero>---------