Gnome startup-problems/error after new installation

Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 21 14:52:00 2003

Hi Michael

looks pretty like that you messed up the hostname of your machine in
the network setup.

If you are able to use GNOME or KDE then you could try to resetup your
network config and give your machine the name "localhost" and the
domain "localdomain" bound to one of your ethernet devices.

I received similar problems after I had removed the localhost
definition from with in the network setup under KDE/GNOME.

Hopefully it helps, this seems to be related to the client-/server
architecture in X that needs a working network configuration on
localhost (127.0.0.1).

Thomas