[HELP] YDL Installed OK - But Can't Boot Back to OSX!

Mark Srebnik yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 28 20:26:01 2003

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for your help!

OK, you asked for it.....

1. Apple Hardware Test CD

Unfortunately, the only CD I have is for my iBook. I bought my G4 used and didn't get any CD's with it. Tried one for iBook and got error message that Hardware test did not support this machine.

2. Boot in Verbose Mode

standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us
vm_page_bootstrap:380997 free pages
nig_table_vmax_displ = 64
COLOR video console at 0x9c00800 ()1280x960x32)
IOKit Component Version 6.6
thu May 1 21:45:00 PDT 2003: root (rcbuilder): RELEASE_PPC/iokit/RELEASE_cppInit done
IODeviceTreeSupport done
Recording Startup extensions
Copyright (c) 1982, blah blah blah...
Using 3932 buffer headers and 3932 cluster IO buffer headers
USBF: 27.509 [0x38a3e00] USB Generic Hub @ 1(0x8)
USBF: 27.541 [0x38a3c00] USB Generic Hub @ 1(0x9)
Local FireWire GUID = 0x3065ff: 0xfeb5d62c
devfs enabled
IOKitBSDInit
>From path: "/pci@f2000000/pci-bridge@d/mac-io@7/ata-4@1f000/disk@0:9,mach_kernel"
USBF: 28.306 [0x38a3a00] USB Generic Hub @ 2(0x100000)
USBF: 28.307 [0x38a3800] USB Generic Hub @ 2(0x1100000)
USBF: 28.718 AppleUSBKeyboard[0x38e1000] :start USB
Generic Keyboard@3(0x1110000)

Still waiting for root device
Still waiting for root device
Still waiting for root device
Still waiting for root device
....keeps repeating this every few minutes....

3. Ran DiskWarrior from OS9

Figured out how to get mouse buttons and keyboard working in OS9!
Disable ATI extension...ran DW, it found some errors and then replaced directory on OSX drive partition.

Changed startup disk to OSX partition from OS9 Control Panel
Rebooted, saw gray apple and then circle with slash in it! ;-(

4. Ran TechTool Pro v3.07 from CD

Got error message that this version doesn't support USB functions. So no mouse/keyboard use.

Reboot...

5. Ran Drive10 from CD

Boots OK, but Drive10 only 'sees' hard drive as one partition, doesn't recognize my 2 partitions. BTW, I can open drive partitions in OS9 now...

6. Ran Apple Disk Utility from OSX10.2 Install CD

Similar situation as with Drive10, doesn't see my 2 partitions...

HTH,

Mark