[HELP] YDL Installed OK - But Can't Boot Back to OSX!

bruce woller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 29 09:44:01 2003

On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 06:39  PM, Mark Srebnik wrote:

> Hi Bruce & YDL Listers,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Below is the info you request(I think) from one of my previous posts
> yesterday.
>

> Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/hdb'
>  #:               type name               length   base      ( size )
>  1:    Apple_Bootstrap Apple                  63 @ 1
>  2:     Apple_Driver43*Macintosh              56 @ 64
>  3:     Apple_Driver43*Macintosh              56 @ 120
>  4:   Apple_Driver_ATA*Macintosh              56 @ 176
>  5:   Apple_Driver_ATA*Macintosh              56 @ 232
>  6:     Apple_FWDriver Macintosh             512 @ 288
>  7: Apple_Driver_IOKit Macintosh             512 @ 800
>  8:      Apple_Patches Patch Partition       512 @ 1312
>  9:          Apple_HFS "Maxtor-14.5"    30408704 @ 1824      ( 14.5G)
> 10:          Apple_HFS "Maxtor-100"    209711192 @ 30410528  (100.0G)
> 11:         Apple_Free Extra                   8 @ 240121720

Frustrated Mark:

The partition you need to correct is partition 1 of the drive described
above (I don't know where it is now but it used to be your slave drive
with Mac Os X installed on partition 9 ? I think ("Maxtor-14.5") or
maybe partition 10.  I can't tell from this output.

Run the *new* pdisk under YDL and change *only* the partition type of
the partition 1 from "Apple_Bootstrap" to "Apple_Partition_map".  Do
this by following Dan's instructions as posted on the YDL website.
This will make your Mac Os X partition bootable.

Good Luck,
Bruce