Couple Questions

Tony K. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Mar 10 14:57:01 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 09:50, Nathan Weil wrote:
> Hey All,
> 	Just got some questions I'd like to ask, and you guys seem to have the
> answers.
>
> 1.  If I create a PHP/MySQL web app package for my company, can we sell
> that package to other companies, or would we be required to provide it
> for free if we wanted to do that?  I don't know if we could charge for
> MY software.  I know we wouldn't be able to charge for the PHP/MySQL
> part.
>
> 2.  Are there any GUI front ends for MySQL?
>
> 3.  Why won't my iBook Dual USB 600MHz sleep if X is running?  I can
> close the lid, but it doesn't sleep, and when I open it, X freezes.  If
> X isn't running, just the CLI, then everything works fine.  Just trying
> to find ways to lower battery consumption, and I've always just closed
> the lid while in class/transporting in OS X.

I don't know if this is related to your problem #3 above, but I found
that if 'network' services is not running, 'pmud' will not run.  I had
to first make sure that the network is running.  (Ethernet or wireless
in my case.)  Then I could start pmud, otherwise pmud fails.  I also
have the 600MHz base model iBook.

Tony K.