What is up yellowdog buddies?

Jonathan C. Sitte yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Mar 10 17:15:01 2003

On 2003, March 10, Monday 18:49, samtygier@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> i think yellowdog 3.0 needs
> a DVD player.
> chess game
> pheonix
> would it be posible to have it preset with setting more useful for mac
> users. eg internal modems and keyboards.
> there needs to be british english dictionaries for the spell checkers. =
and
> probably other languages
> something needs to be done about playing audio cds digitally on iMacs a=
nd
> other newer hardware, Kscd, and gcd are pretty useless to me.
> flash and java.
> could there be a proposed package list made and published for comments?
> would it be possible to have a utility that imported fonts from a macos
> partition? or has this already been done?

I agree on all of this. FLASH!!!!! is a big one :) j2re is already there.=
 I=20
think it is in contribs or something. I have not checked lately. I hope t=
here=20
will be better fonts in 3.0 myself.

Any other things missing? Anyone like playing games on YDL? We should por=
t=20
allot of those too. Such as quakeforge and quake 2. I can not wait till I=
 get=20
video acceleration. :)

We are all waiting patiently for 3.0. Anyone getting edgy?

jcsitte